Forgive me, I wanted to say to him. I knew I would hurt you and I did it anyway. I don’t know why I am the way I am. I don’t know why I do the things I do. Please, don’t give up on me. Love me a little even though I’m flawed.
Anya Balanchine in Because It Is My Blood
LUCKY SEVEN GIVEAWAY OF BECAUSE IT IS MY BLOOD
BECAUSE IT IS MY BLOOD hits stores this week. The hardcover versions of the series are especially delicious because the books under the jackets look like bars of chocolate. All These Things I’ve Done was a bar of Balanchine Special Dark. Because It Is My Blood is Balanchine Bittersweet. I’m rooting for the third book to be Balanchine White. (White chocolate is not really chocolate, by the way… but it will make sense for the story.)
I’ve got 7 signed copies for my friends on the internet. I’m talking to You. I’ve just finished writing my seventh book. My last name rhymes with seven and um, seven’s lucky right? Anya’s such an unlucky girl… born under the wrong star and all… We both wouldn’t mind a little luck headed our way.
There are many ways to enter, and I’m guessing you know the drill. Post your favorite quote from one of my books on your blog or facebook or twitter. (You can find many of my book’s quotes here.) I love fan art like this or this, and I’d be seriously delighted if you made something. Take a picture of one of my books out in the wild. Or you can just tell people about Because It Is My Blood on the social network of your choice. But honestly, anything is fine with me. I just want to know that the books are going to good homes: ie., places where people who really like me will really like the books. NOTE: If you’ve already bought Because It Is My Blood, feel free to enter anyway. You can choose from any of my other books (Elsewhere, Margarettown, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, All These Things I’ve Done, The Hole We’re In), which I will happily sign and personalize for you.
If only seven of you enter, seven of you will win. If only five of you enter, two of my imaginary friends are getting copies.
Because many of the readers that write me are not from America and because the series takes place in many different countries, it only seems right that this giveaway be open internationally.
Contest ends October 17, 2012.
- campmatriarchy reblogged this from gabriellezevin
- justwalkawaysmiling reblogged this from gabriellezevin and added:
- tulipsandroses reblogged this from gabriellezevin
- bowtiemyeyes reblogged this from gabriellezevin
- bowtiemyeyes likes this
- nimbuspotter likes this
- thepagesage reblogged this from gabriellezevin
- sabona likes this
- siminiblocker likes this
- bamayankee reblogged this from gabriellezevin
- entrandoempanico reblogged this from gabriellezevin and added:
- amagicgoldenflower reblogged this from gabriellezevin and added:
- jennirl likes this
- jeneasreads reblogged this from gabriellezevin
- breakrightthroughtheirony reblogged this from gabriellezevin
- princessnijireiki likes this
- sabishiimurasaki reblogged this from gabriellezevin
- sabishiimurasaki likes this
- csndraa likes this
- rosiesreviewsblog reblogged this from gabriellezevin
- hanscanosa likes this
- gabriellezevin posted this